Whether it’s a unicorn bottle or a dropper cap, one thing all vapers can relate to is that e-liquid bottles are always difficult to open. If not done correctly, you can expend more energy than necessary. This article will guide you on how to open an e-liquid bottle with little or no stress.
What Type Of Cap Is Most Commonly Used For E-liquid Bottles?
Childproof caps are the most commonly used for e-juice bottles. Opening this type of cap has a trick to it, as normal unscrewing won’t do the job.
Why Are Childproof Caps Used?
Childproof Caps are bottle caps that provide safety for children. Vape juice is a nicotine-based substance that sometimes contains alcohol, so it’s strictly for adults. A childproof cap ensures that your juice is inaccessible to young kids, even if they should somehow get a hold of the bottle. Also, several states have passed into law that all nicotine products should come with childproof packaging.
Why Is It Difficult To Open Vape Juice Bottle?
Here are the main reasons why it’s so challenging to open e-liquid bottles:
- The Childproof cap: Childproof Caps are always much tighter than regular screw caps and require a specific trick to open them. These caps consist of an inner cap and an outer cap. The inner and outer caps have to get twisted together, or the bottle won’t open. Without this trick, it becomes challenging to open.
- The vape liquid gases: If a vape liquid sits on the shelf for too long, gases from the juice can act on the cap and compress it.
- Seeped or leaked e-liquids: After opening a bottle, if you keep it lying on its side instead of an upright position, the e-juice in it can leak or seep out when the cap isn’t tightly fixed. Eventually, the liquid will dry up in the spaces between the thread and the bottlecap, forming a kind of adhesive.
How To Open Vape Juice Bottle?
Here’s how to open a vape juice bottle properly:
- Step 1: Make sure your hands and the bottle are dry.
- Step 2: Check the edge of the bottle cap for any shrink wrap or plastic bags. If there are any, break them off.
- Step 3: Hold the bottle in one hand and firmly press down on the lid with the other hand.
- Step 4: While still pushing down, twist the lid counter-clockwise.
- Step 5: Continue unscrewing until the cap is free.
How To Open Vape Juice Bottle? – More Tips and Life Hacks
- Always apply downward pressure. This connects the outer and inner caps, allowing you to unscrew them simultaneously. You may need to use more or less pressure depending on the nature and size of the cap. Try increasing or reducing pressure if a bottle refuses to open.
- Use a towel for better friction in gripping and unscrewing.
- Squeezing the rigged sides of the lid can sometimes help.
- For stubborn lids, especially those that have been glued in place by leaked e-liquid, try immersing them in hot water for a few minutes. This will expand the cap and melt the liquids.
- A plier can come in handy for small-sized bottles.
- Open a hole in your e-juice bottle and pour the vape juice into your e-cigarette as a last resort.
Some vapers prefer to use their caps or bottles to avoid the hassle. However, ensure the cap is leakproof and airtight if you must do this.